1. Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?
2. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?
3. Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?
4. Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we're already there?
5. Why are they called " stands" when they are made for sitting?
6. Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things?
7. Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?
8. How come abbreviated is such a long word?
9. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
10. Why do they call it a TV set when you only have one?
R ~Rag Rugs
2 days ago