Friday, October 23, 2009

A Prayer before the Fair

Yes, we're going to the NC State Fair tonight. Here is my prayer before the Fair...

Lord, please give me self-control to pass by the fried Twinkies,Oreos, snicker bars, elephant ears, and anything else they stick in the deep fat fryer. Help my husband not to freak out over all the germs that will be represented there. Let me have the fruit of the Spirit of patience as we slowly make our way through the crowded, narrow grand stand of people pushing and stepping on my feet. Help me to bare it with a grin, and not be offended. Help us to be protected from the multitude of people that seem to come around just when they feel the urge to light a cigarette and share their second hand smoke with me and my family. May the kids not be afraid of some of the characters that we will see, including the many men and women working the rides, and help us not to judge some of the outfits we're likely to encounter, or the language we're liable to hear. Bless us with a good parking space, even though it will probably cost us $10, which might cause my "thrifty" husband to hyperventilate a little, especially considering the cost of the food & rides once we get in the fair.

Most of all, thank you for the opportunity to go see Jeremy Camp & 10th Avenue North perform tonight. And lastly, thank you for my kids, who I love so much and I will go through all of the above for, and more, just to hear them say "that was so much fun".

P.S. Lord, help me NOT to lose my temper if they don't say "that was so much fun!"

8 comments:

  1. Hope you guys have a blessed and safe time at the fair.
    Blesings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone is laughing up there :) Funny but honest prayer :) God bless and protect you all...Have a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl this was an awesome prayer and you are so funny. I am the frugal hyper ventilator in this family. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I hope you had fun!!! I left you an award on my last post. Come retrieve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, Congratulations, you have won the free blog makeover. The previous winner graciously declined so I selected a new winner (by random generator) and you won!!!! Please contact me by email so that I can forward your info to Tara (see my post about this for further info). Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first time over and YOWZA...you're quite the BIG WINNER! Congrats!

    By the way, I LOVE TO LAUGH too. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Angie. I had to get a new computer, and I lost my bookmark for your blog.

    I hope you all had a great time at the fair. We haven't been in years, but I remember the need for each of your prayer requests. ;-)

    ReplyDelete