Thursday, December 8, 2011

A New Spin On An Old Classic

My family was driving home from church last night and we were listening to Christmas music.

My oldest son, Jay, was singing in the back seat - the song was "Let it Snow". 

We had just pulled in the driveway and as I turned off the ignition we were at this point in the song:


"in the meadow we can build a snowman..."

Instead of the original lyrics, this is what Jay sang "and pretend that he is Carson Brown"

Bobby (my husband) and I started laughing. Jay said "What? What's so funny?"

and we were like..."who is Carson Brown?"

We had to explain to him that it was "Parson Brown". 

He laughed and answered, "Oh, I thought it said Carson.  Wait, what's a Parson?"

These young kids just don't understand the old Christmas classics.

1 comment: