Friday, August 19, 2011

Don't Settle For Good Enough


It's been nine weeks since I fell and broke my arm and wrist. My stitches are out, I've done away with my sling, and I'm going to physical therapy once a week. I'm slowly but surely getting back to normal. For the most part, this is a good thing, although I must confess, I wasn't looking forward to having to cook again!

I am, however, very excited to be typing this post with BOTH hands. Last time I blogged, it was with one finger on my left hand...not fun! Which explains why it's been so long since my last post.

I've learned many lessons through this whole ordeal - I will share one with you today. I've learned to persevere.

One of my biggest obstacles is to fight the "it's good enough" attitude. I have a tendency to do things half way and say "it's good enough". So when I got most of the use of my hand/arm back, and was able to do some things for myself, I noticed that I started slacking off on my physical therapy exercises. But I absolutely can NOT go through life with a weak, partially working right hand! So, I will have to exercise self-discipline and keep at it. Maybe this lesson on perseverance will help me with so many other areas in life where I've settled for less than my best.

If that is the case, then it will ALMOST make braking my arm/wrist worth it. I said ALMOST!

3 comments:

  1. I love how God teaches us through our trials (and I'm also glad you don't have to type with one finger any more!). Would love to hear more about the lessons you've been learning!
    Sweet blessings~
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you BACK on the air. :o) Hey, you are breaking the "never finishing" curse! Hallelujah!

    Love ya!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete