I was thinking to myself, "I was at that field trip, and that one, yep, that one too.
I was there when...
- they decorated the cookies for the "Winter Holiday" (otherwise known to me as Christmas)
- when they made candles
- when they pet a snake
- when they had "Cultural Day".
- when they had their Talent Show
- they had Field Day
- they had the School Play
- helped with 180 days of homework for a 2nd & 4th grader
- made countless lunches
- volunteered in the class 2 days a week helping the kids read
- served many a snack to the students for every holiday & special event
- helped throw a baby shower for my oldest son's teacher
on & on & on it goes...it's been a wonderful experience. I've enjoyed getting to know the students in my kids classes. I'm extremely grateful that I've been allowed this time as a stay-at-home Mom to invest in my children's lives.
But...I'm exhausted. I don't think I worked this hard at times when I did have a job outside the home.
You know what??? I wouldn't have it any other way.
Congratulations to my boys. I am now the proud parent of a rising 3rd & 5th grader! I can't believe how fast it's going. My oldest only has one more year at elementary and then it's on to Middle School - YIKES!
I know that he probably won't ask me to come to the school and volunteer then, so I better do all I can now.
Happy Summer everyone!