Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Forward

Is it just me, or is life getting CRAZY BUSY lately? I apologize for not blogging, or keeping up with other people's blogs. I will try to do better.


I can't find enough time in the day, and to make matters worse...we're losing an hour this Saturday. Yes, it's that time of year again - Spring forward! The dreaded time change. Which means:

1) Lose an hour of precious sleep,
2) Get your internal clock all out of whack for the next week or so
3) Have to change ALL the clocks in your house and TRY to remember once again how to change the clock in your car!
4) Looking haggled at church the next morning because you barely make it to church on time as it is, and now you have to be there an hour earlier!

Can you tell I'm not a big fan of Spring forward? I'll admit it. Fall back is my friend. Fall back gives me an hour. The worst thing Fall back does is I get tired earlier because my body thinks it's 11:00 p.m. when the clock says 10:00 p.m. So I go to bed earlier, no big deal. What does Spring forward ever give me?

More daylight hours you say? Oh...well, I guess I could use more daylight hours to get things done. It tricks you into thinking it's still early. You end up eating dinner around 8 p.m. and put the kids to bed around 10 p.m.! Still, think of all you'll get accomplished.

I will accept the inevitable and quit complaining. Just do me a favor - on Sunday morning when you hit your alarm clock an hour earlier...think of me and how I'm struggling...and say a prayer for me to get out of bed, get ready for church, and have a good attitude!

2 comments: